Thursday, April 10, 2008

Done being in love with you


When I was a child,
I was attracted to a girl,
Seemed like my first love,
serene and pristine -
like mountain snow;
I wished I had girlfriends
grew up without any..


When I grew up,
I fell for another.
She had the basic things right,
though we hardly talked,
except when we departed-
when she disappeared into
thin mist,
- lost in time.


Spreadin' my wings,
never did things affect me;
till 'nother bug bit me..
senior at prom,
diamond she looked;
devil-dressed blue angel,
I was scared to touch...


'twas like those 40 winks,
a fantasy sojourn to Neverland,
lustre lost, a memory gained,
plastic smiles,short clips;
things never got real-
till another svelte touch;


She was good,
not much a picture, chaotic;
raised a rumpus,
yet she was a fine,
ruby carmine;
confused catterpillar,
n'er turned a butterfly;
things jus happened,
like some divine patterns
bound to take shape,
love was blind, now I knew
the pain was real
she wasn't right
done being in love with her.


enough; there's none else
soul stripping catharsis,
the Truth is here,
hopes still alive
laugh not-
life's never picture perfect
The Day will arrive..
The Day will arrive.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great work priyabrat . much of dis sounds true and dere is hardly any apocryphal element in it .

Anonymous said...

nice.....

EntrepreneurNI said...

non-rhyming, hard to read, poetry.
But the words are profound enough to make them work!Nice.